Ambassador Evesham Football League

Round-up 10/10/15

Last Updated: Oct 13, 2015 05:45pm
Crowle, Wychavon
By Colin Mortiboys
Share |

Week 5 of the 2015/16 Season and the attention switched to our internal Cup competitions on National Non-League Day:

U18's Cup

it was a comfortable victory for Crowle Searchers Crusaders as they took their good league form into the cup match away at Pershore Town. Sam Tuft got the away side off to a flyer, opening the scoring on just 7-minutes and ten minutes later, the same player bagged a second to give them a 2-0 interval lead. Any hope the home side had of staging a comeback were diminished as the Crusaders notched 5-more goals in the 2nd half, which saw Tuft complete his hat-trick.

Under 16's Cup

Drakes Broughton Rangers earned a 2-1 win at Welland Junior Lions to put them in the next round but unfortunately we have no information on the goalscorers.

Lenches from Pool B caused something of a cup shock as they triumphed 8-2 away at Eckington Juniors from Pool A. Lenches' Felix Shears was the player in form as he helped himself to four of his sides goals, with James Elwell, Joshua Smith and Finley Lewis also on target.

Under 15's Cup

Lenches from Pool B caused something of a cup shock as they triumphed 8-2 away at Eckington Juniors from Pool A. Lenches' Felix Shears was the player in form as he helped himself to four of his sides goals, with James Elwell, Joshua Smith and Finley Lewis also on target.

Pershore Town Warriors Captain, Harrison Wagstaff, was awarded his sides POTM award, but despite his sides three goals, the team bowed out of the cup as opponents Westbury Celtic Spartans put the game beyond the Warriors reach.

Westbury Celtic Tigers won the 'Droitwich Derby' with Droitwich Spa Pumas by a 5-2 score-line, with the goals coming from Jack Ward (2), Chad Farnsworth, Joshua Farnsworth and Ben Cowlishaw.

Under 14's Cup

With similar records after four league matches this season, Pershore Town played host to Bidford Town in a tight first round league cup encounter. With conditions ideal for playing good football, the first half was goalless with Pershore making the most of home advantage and creating the better scoring opportunities. The second half continued in a similar vein - extra time and a dreaded penalty shootout was looking ever more likely until the deadlock was broken with 12 minutes left in regular time. Good work on the right of midfield saw the ball come to Harry Wilcox on the edge of the box and his first time shot was a beauty, looping over the outstretched hand of the Bidford keeper into the top corner. An early candidate for goal of the season. Bidford’s spirits seem to sink after that setback but they enjoyed some good pressure and efforts of their own, only to find Pershore keeper Harvey Brand in good form between the sticks despite a recent hand injury. With 10 minutes to go, Matt Keyte made it 2-0 squeezing a ball in at the near post. With no subs to call on, the visitors started to tire and after a scramble in the six yard box Callum James was in the right spot for an easy tap in for Pershore's third goal. In the dying seconds, Jack Thomas capped an excellent display with a burst past the Bidford defence into the box to fire home with the last kick of the match. So a final score of 4-0 which wasn’t a fair reflection of the match but a deserved win nevertheless for Town.

Welford Juniors won 4-2 at home to Welland Junior Lions, as goals from Jacob Robinson and a well taken hat-trick from Oliver Burdett.

Under 14's Division

Ilmington United hosted Badsey Rangers in the only U14's league match and it was the Rangers who put 3-points on the board with a 5-3 away win. Ilmington's Sean Bennett, Jasper Sharpe and Will Willing all found the net, but we have no match information from Badsey Rangers.

Under 13's Cup

Bidford recorded their first win of the season with a fine 3-1 cup win over fellow pool A team Badsey Rangers. The home team started brightly but fell behind after a neat finish from the away team. However Bidford remained well and truly in the game and were battling well across the pitch including Max Thomas and Mike Cross in midfield. After a few chances one was taken by forward Alex Oliver who had come off the bench to score his first of the season after an excellent cross by winger Ollie Davies. At half time the tie was on a knife-edge! After the interval chances were few and far between but the home team were growing in confidence. Eventually with only 10 minutes remaining Bidford had a good piece of fortune as a deflected clearance from Alex Ozolins went into the goal to make it 2–1. The game was put beyond doubt as Daniel Bowen secured the win with a superb right footed finish with seconds remaining.

Cookley Sports from pool B caused an upset as they won 5-0 against pool A side Eckington Juniors Ospreys.

It took a solitary goal from Connor Hitchman to put Moreton Rangers into Round 2 against Eckington Juniors Phoenix.

Ilmington United's Harry Cronshaw got two of his sides three goals against Tewkesbury Town Colts to put United into the next Round.

The Newtown Sports Juniors versus Lenches FC was a closely fought tie as it remained 0-0 at the break. The only goal of the game arrived on 61-minutes as Owen Horne seized an opportunity to give Lenches victory.

Another tie to be separated by a lone strike was Welland Junior Lions versus Shipston Excelsior, as the Lions' Herbie Grogan-Southam got the all important match winner.

It took a penalty shoot out to decide the Droitwich Spa Scorpions match with Welland Junior Colts. In a well fought cup game that just looked like it was going to penalties from about twenty minutes onwards, the two sides were evenly matched with scoring opportunities from both sides being created. However, neither side seemed able to get too many shots on target. A great flying save from Jack Mason kept it scoreless at the break and the second half continued much like the first with the tempo swinging one way then the other. As the clock ticked down to extra time, Nathan Hood took a bang to the head to add to his winding earlier in the game. Unfortunately this time he had to come off to recover so the Scorpions faced the last ten minutes with ten players. Still scoreless at full time, the additional twenty minutes of extra time was played out without a goal. The best chance came in the dying minutes for Droitwich. Always dangerous on the counter attack, the home side finally managed to break through the defence and draw the keeper out. With the goal line approaching fast, the shot at an acute angle thumped against the near post, ricochet across the goal mouth and ricochet out off the other post. The dreaded penalty shoot out beckoned, but an early miss put Droitwich on the back foot, with a further miss each for both Scorpions and Colts. So with the score 3-3, the final tenth penalty came which the Colts cleanly put away to seal the tie.

Evesham United pulled off a miraculous smash and grab away at Droitwich Spa Vipers. Adam Walczak nudged the visitors ahead midway through the first half. From then on the Robins were hit with wave after wave of attacks from the hosts but credit to Evesham, they proved to be impossible to breakdown and held on for a hard fought victory. Credit must also go to the vipers management by offering to match Evesham and play with 10 players; great spirit of the game shown.

Under 12's Cup

Alcester Town Juniors put their name into Round 2 with a win at Tewkesbury Town Pumas. The Alcester POTM was Kieran Hateley.

Warndon Villages Colts overcame Crowle Searchers, with Benjamin Rawlins being awarded the Colts POTM, while Jasper Minion took the Crowle POTM award.

Tewkesbury Town Colts had a 1st half goal from Oisin Moseley to give them hope against Inkberrow Falcons. In the 2nd half, goals from Raife Hodges and two goals from Alexander Roder gave the Colts a 4-3 victory to move them into Round 2.


 Latest News

We wish to remind all teams kick-off time changes and / or venue amendments MUST be advised to the League in advance by contacting Dave Hyde.