Bromsgrove League Week 12 Round Up

Last Updated: Oct 27, 2013 07:49pm
Harvington, Wychavon
By Simon Burgess
Share |



Redditch United 5 (Albutt 2, Gifford 2, Eilberg) Arrow 2000' 1

Golden Lion Athletic 1, Callow End 2


AFC Kempsey 4, Stoke Sporting 0


Churchfields United 3 (ROLAND 3), Ferndale 5

Ambassador 5, Stoke Prior 2 (R Costa 2) AET

Cider Mill 2, Toby Jug Athletic 3 (Evans, Wilkes, Foster)

Golden Lion Ath Res 0, Areley Kings Reserves 4

Spa Gas 1, Belbroughton Athletic Reserves 3

Hizza United Seconds 4, Evesham Utd Harriers 6

Ambi Allsports 3, Lickey End Social 11 (S WRIGHT 4, B Wright 2, Buckley 2, Kendall 1, Woolridge 1, OG)


Longbridge Athletic 2 (A Madden, J Madden), AFC Millfields 4 (LLOYD 3, Hatfield)

Laburnum 4 (Sproston 2, Preece, A Seager) Red Lions (T King 2)


Redditch Athletic 98' 3, Rubery Oak 4 (Parker 2, Brown, Lea)


Sporting Grapevine 8 (FOGARTY 3, Tierney, Ratcliffe, Hall, Hopley, Bell), Santiago RV 0

Belbroughton Athletic 2 (A Innes, Brookes), Spa Athletic 1 (Billington)


Studley Road Social 3 (Nolan, Onions, Unknown), Hewell Grangers 0

Vic Barnt Green Reserves 4 (May 2, Briggs, Dawson), FC Rednal 3


AFC Northfield Res 7 (PICKERSGILL 3, CHAFFATT 3, Thomas), Coldfield 0


We might just have 'got away' with one! To get as many games played as we did today with the vicious weather is tremendous news and every game ticked off will always help! It has meant a mini fixture re-write for next week though and all clubs now have their new games.

The County Cup takes centre stage today and our representatives in the WFA Premier Cup had mixed fortunes. A great result for Redditch United as they beat well established Worcester League Premier Division side Arrow 2000 5-1, whilst Golden Lion Athletic had a narrow loss, losing 2-1 at home to Callow End also from the Worcester League. Redditch dominated their encounter running out worthy winners thanks to braces from Jay Gifford and Jak Allbutt with Lukas Eilberg also netting.

WFA Junior Cup action saw Stoke Sporting receive a tough draw away at Worcester side AFC Kempsey and unfortunately they lost 4-0. In the Minor Cup, fortunes were much better and although a host of our sides exited the competition, congratulations to Toby Jug Athletic, Lickey End Social and Belbroughton Athletic Reserves who all won through. Lickey End won 11-3 at Ambi Allsports where the Wrights once again took centre stage netting 6 out of the 11 goals whilst Toby Jug's 3-2 win at Cider Mill came courtesy of JJ Evans, Darryl Foster and Matthew Paul Wilkes to continue their excellent form. Belbroughton's game was lucky it got played after their opponents Spa Gas were allocated a league fixture by their own league instead of this cup game, but some frantic Saturday phone calls by everyone saw the game successfully played, with the right result for our team (3-1)! Churchfields United, Hizza United Seconds, Stoke Prior and Golden Lion Athletic Reserves all lost, Churchfields perhaps being the most unlucky as Ash Roland's fine hat-trick was ultimately in vain. Pedro Costa got a brace for Stoke Prior in their game against Evesham side Ambassador, Stoke Prior travelling to the game in a minibus, but with the game going into extra-time, they ran out of [censored] and lost 5-2.

Rose Bowl Quarter Finals day too and AFC Millfields/Laburnum are the first teams through to the first semi-final. Millies won 4-2 but not before a Longbridge fightback looked like it might derail them. Courtney Lloyd had the visitors 2 up inside the first 10 minutes before Jordan and Ashley Madden pulled the game back to 2-2 with 25 minutes left on the clock. Ethan King then played a fine through ball to Lloyd who netted his hat-trick, before Stu Hatfield scored from 25 yards to make the game safe. Laburnum won at home by a similair scoreline against Red Lions but again the underdogs caused alot of problems and made their presence felt. Transfer King had Red Lions in front before Ryan Sproston equalised. 1-1 at the break but Lions started the second half well and Transfer King got his second with an unreal curling effort which nestled in the top corner - A great goal. Laburnum then got back on level terms with their own stunner, an overhead kick from veteran Steve Preece. Neil Seager then assisted Sproston's second, before Andy 'Friendly Giant' Seager finished off Sproston's flick with a good volley to secure the win.

One game survived in the Premier Division inevitably on the 3G at Studley and Rubery Oak ran out 4-3 winners over bottom side Redditch Athletic to temporarily move to the top of the table. Worst start to a game ever by Oak though going 1-0 down within the first 30 seconds. Nathan Brown equalised after a fine through ball from Jon Myrie before a long ball caught out the Oak backline and the Redditch striker slotted it home for 2-1 and this was the half-time score. Into the second half and James Parker's curling effort equalised again, before Parker helped himself to another after a defensive blunder. Redditch managed to haul themselves back level again for 3-3 before the Oak winner came on the 70 minute mark, when Brown' delightful cross met the head of Dean Lea who nodded past the keeper from close range.

In Division 1, a hard fought physical game between Belbroughton Athletic and Spa Athletic went the home sides way 2-1, thanks to goals from Andy Innes (after Al Emery's flick) and Jamie Brooks with a controlled volley into the bottom corner. John Billington scored late on for Spa but it was only a small crumb of comfort. Sporting Grapevine gave out a lesson in finishing to Santiago RV with an 8-0 victory - Star of the show being wannabe referee Danny Fogarty who netted a fine hat-trick, supplmented by strikes from Shaun Tierney, Mark Bell, Martin Ratcliffe, Richard Hall and Mr Hopley.

In Division 2, a very entertaining affair between Vic BG Reserves and FC Rednal saw the home side maintain their startling recent improvement (4th win on the bounce) as they got the better of FC Rednal, under new management, by a 4-3 scoreline. FCR had gone into a 3-1 half time lead with Shaun May's goal being Vic's only moment of note. It took a bit of a strange goal from Adam Briggs to make it 3-2 (a chipped free kick which somehow crept inch perfectly into the top corner of the net despite the goalie's efforts, footage can be seen on the League's FB Group page) before May bought the game level with another strike and his second. Andy Dawson's header from Briggs's corner sealed the win as he rose above a static backline to head home. Studley Road Social won 3-0 against Hewell Grangers in a very physical game which saw Terry Nolan net and first of the season for Pete Onions too. We don't have the other scorer.

Just one game in Division 3 today and AFC Northfield Reserves ran out cosy 7-0 winners against a Coldfield side who simply didnt turn up at all today. Hat-tricks for Michael Chaffatt and Ben Pickersgill with one from Ashan Thomas for good measure.

A revised fixture programme has been announced for next Sunday and this mostly involves league matches with some very important WA Harris Cup ties thrown in, as well as Washford Lions's second attempt at their County Cup tie.


blog comments powered by Disqus